18V LXT® Brushless Cordless 11/16" AVT® Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-PLUS bits, w/ HEPA Dust Extractor Attachment, Tool Only (XRH12ZW) is a cordless concrete solution that features AWS™ capability for maximum efficiency and convenient dust extraction. The efficient HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger. The compatible Dust Extractor Attachment (DX05) with HEPA Filter is OSHA Table 1 compliant. It’s powered by 18V LXT® technology and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord.
There is a 3-modes of operation: rotation only, hammering with rotation, and hammering only. The variable speed trigger enables the user to match the speed to the application. It is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, maintenance operations, and more. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
The Rotary Hammer is AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless System, which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and equipped dust extractor. To activate AWS, simply install the Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5, sold separately) and synchronize with an AWS-equipped dust extractor (sold separately).
For reduced vibration, it’s equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®). More than just a padded handle, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration without a compromise in performance.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board dust extractor includes a filter cleaning mechanism designed to help maintain optimum suction efficiency during concrete drilling
- Extractor is activated by tool and powered by motor fan blade to maintain concrete dust suction performance
- Efficient HEPA filtration system captures 99.97% of particulates .3 microns and larger
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Torque limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is engineered to reduce vibration for increased comfort
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the work area
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Weighs only 7.5 lbs. with dust extractor and battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 11/16"
- Optimum Range (concrete drilling): 5/32" - 3/8"
- Impact Energy (Joules): 1.7 J
- Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 1.2
- Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 5,000 BPM
- No Load Speed (variable speed): 0 - 1,350 RPM
- Vibration (m/s²): 11
- HEPA filter: Yes
- Container Hole Count Capacity: 36 holes of dimension 3/8”x2-3/8”
- Filter Life (Approx. container fillings): 200
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 11-7/8"
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.5 lbs.
- Bit Type: Accepts SDS-PLUS
- Power Type: Cordless
- Bind-Up Control: No
- (1) 18V LXT® Brushless 11/16" AVT® Rotary Hammer, AWS™ Capable (XRH12Z)
- (1) Dust Extractor Attachment with HEPA Filter Cleaning Mechanism (DX05)
- (1) Sealing Cap (424474-5)
- (1) Tool bag
- (1) Side Handle
- (1) Depth Gauge